Sunday 20 December 2015

Get set...


Now that this blog and the MyDonate page is set up, I've started telling people about my aspirations for next year. I've started telling people, but only a few as it's the run up to Christmas and people have a lot of other things on their mind right now. I've also started booking races, as you'll see on the results page.

I now have 3 booked in and will book a few more soon. I've gone with Hit the Trail 5 as the first race - it's in Reddish Vale, which is just under half an hour from home. It's trail, which I quite like and shouldn't be too hilly. There are also quite a few Greenfield Greyhounds taking part already, so it feels like a good way to start the year with intent.

I also managed to get a small group of Greyhounds together to join me in running the Lyme Park night run (just under an hour away from home, south of Manchester). This sounds like a lot of fun - running in the dark is a frequent occurrence at this time of year and trail running in the dark is something I'm also used to. I've not been to Lyme Park that often, but I know it's pretty... it'll be interesting to see it at night, lit by all the runners. Some of us are planning to go to the Lyme Park park run mid January to get a hint of the terrain.

Finally, the success of the recent inaugural Zombies, Run! Virtual Race has meant that Six to Start have decided to continue with them and keep the momentum. As such, they have launched the Spring virtual race and I've jumped on it quickly before it gets booked up. I've selected an entry price that include a technical t-shirt, so while this is one of the more expensive entries (ironic given I run it myself, with no defined course, marshals, etc) I'm really looking forward to it and get some lovely running clobber as a memento.

So I'm all set - blog up, donation portal up, races booked. Very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment